Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Autumn and Winter Wardrobe Planning

Hello again!

I thought I'd share with you my autumn and winter wardrobe plans in this post. It's composed of dresses I've sewn myself, clothes I've been given, and store-bought clothes.

Winter Walking Skirt and Western Blouse
You can view a post about this skirt here
I can pair any white blouse with this skirt and look like I stepped out of Scotland.

Festive Circle Dress
This is one of my favorite dresses! It has an A-line flare to it and is all around fun and wintry. 
You can have a better look at it here.

Gold 1830's Dress
You can look at this dress in more detail here.

Jean skirt and blouse
This jean skirt, made from a pattern for an Edwardian walking skirt, is a staple for all seasons. It matches EVERYTHING, and I have worn it a lot since its creation this spring! For autumn/winter I can pair it with a long sleeve blouse or plaid shirt. 

Regency Jumper
Jumpers are a good option for winter since you always layer when you wear them, providing extra warmth. See more of this jumper here.

Midnight Blue 1830's Dress
I just did a post on this dress. You can see it here.

Autumn Foliage
I didn't make this dress; it was a find at Walmart if I recall correctly. Isn't it the spirit of autumn? It features a lower waist than most of my dresses, and I think it would look charming with a sweater or jean jacket.


Blue Anchor Dress
My grandma made this dress and gave it to me on a beach trip. Isn't it beautiful?


That wraps up most of my autumn and winter wardrobe!
I hope this post was inspiring to you. Even if you don't sew or haven't gotten into it yet, you can still compile fun outfits for the cold, drippy seasons. 
Have you begun your seasonal festivities yet? I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas!
I have been enjoying listening to Handel's Messiah recently. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, it is a beautiful, Scripture-filled musical composition that is worth listening to. 

to God be the glory,

Miss Humphrey

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Free-Hand Nightgown

 Hello Readers, I made a nightgown recently that I thought I'd share with you. It is a very simply, but comfy design that is easily made...