Monday, April 3, 2023

Edwardian Skirt In Denim

Hello all,

My mother and I made matching jean skirts recently, using this Edwardian pattern

(A Note to the Interested: This is an E-pattern. My mother recommends finding someone who sells the paper pattern, unless you have a free evening to spend wrestling with your printer and the printed pattern, which has to be taped together.)



The original (unhemmed) Edwardian length of the skirt was beautiful...but impractical for the everyday use this skirt was destined for.

...The hemmed version...


The skirt is gored, with a narrow waistband. It has a placket in the back.



Finding one of my favorite blouses to match it was icing on the cake!

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...