Monday, January 23, 2023

Another Dress for You


Hello All! 

Here's another dress for you. I made this last year with fabric from Hobby Lobby. (They have such pretty fabrics!)

[block]
 
[block]
 
 My grandmother had piping in her stash that matched the accents on the fabric!
 
[block]
 
The front skirt has two large pleats that line up (at least, in theory) with the bodice darts.

[block]

                   I like to tie it in the front, which crosses the ties in the back.


Of course, you can also tie it in the back...

Did you like this dress? Interested in learning how to make it? Please drop a line in the comments! Tutorials can be labor-intensive to create but I have one coming up soon, Lord willing, and ideas for a couple more. Feel free to request a topic or specific tutorial in the comments as well. 

 

To God be the glory,

Miss Humphrey

11 comments:

  1. Ooo that's so lovely!
    Im going to hobby lobby to shop for fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Beautiful fabric, beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear miss Humphrey,
    What a lovely dress! I've been eagerly following your posts since I can only sew the basics and I'd love to learn how to make a dress for myself. I think I can copy my own measures from a T shirt and a skirt, but the only thing I see quite difficult is how to make the sleeves and sew them to the body. Could you explain that in detail? You are a great teacher so far. Thank you so much and keep on the good work you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I often have a hard time with making perfect sleeves. They can be tricky! I plan to include them in a dress tutorial in the future, so stay tuned :)

      Delete
    2. Rachel,
      I have created a post that talks about how I made sleeves for a dress recently. If you're still interested, here's the link: https://misshumphreysblog.blogspot.com/2023/06/how-i-made-this-dress-part-2sleeves.html

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful floral country style dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to learn how to sew my own dresses, this is so lovely 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that fabric. It's so cheerful and pretty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...