Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Independence Day

 

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

I made a design for the dress that I wanted to make for 4th of July, and...didn't. Maybe next year!


See a very similar design that DID get sewn here: https://misshumphreysblog.blogspot.com/2023/03/easter-dress-idea.html


Instead, I am wearing this for the 4th!  

My mother made the blouse for me using the skirt of one of my free-hand dresses that didn't turn out so great. She copied it from one of her blouses. Didn't she do a wonderful job?
I paired the blouse with my Edwardian walking skirt.
There you have it - my red, white and blue!
If you are in America, what are you doing to celebrate the 4th?

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey








2 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day, Lillian!
    Your dress design is lovely! I love your outfit for today!
    I have been enjoying reading your blog lately!

    God bless you this 4th, and God bless America!
    Your pen pal,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Abby!! I'm glad you've been enjoying it :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Free-Hand Nightgown

 Hello Readers, I made a nightgown recently that I thought I'd share with you. It is a very simply, but comfy design that is easily made...