Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Easter Dress Idea

 Hello all! 

How's your spring progressing? We woke up to another inch-and-a-half of snow or so this morning. Oh, for some warm weather!

Today I'm sharing a dress I made for Easter last year. My grandmother sent me this picture (it may have been from Pinterest), and I decided to copy the dress - it was so lovely!



Here is my rendition of it!

My mother helped me tackle the project. She showed me how to take one piece of fabric and use box-pleats to shape the front of the dress.


The front of the dress features box-pleats, and the back is gathered.




I learned how to cover buttons from an on-line tutorial. Some of them have come a little loose from the dress, and could use a refastening.


~the box-pleat~



A close up of the fabric


Hopefully you enjoyed this dress. Check back on the blog next week to see more sewing projects!

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...