Monday, July 10, 2023

Fiddle Camp Wardrobe Planning

 Hello all! 

I'm pretty excited - next week, I'm headed to Fiddle Camp! I thought I'd share what I'm planning to wear for the four days of camp. 

These are not special, fancy outfits. Actually, it's a good sample of what I wear day-to-day! Comfort matters more to me than style on a 90 degree day, but that's not saying that I have to wear something plain and ugly, or skimpy and revealing. 

Do you want to guess how much use this Edwardian walking skirt gets? A lot!! It's a great, everyday jean skirt, but its gores and delicate waistband save it from being boring :) It goes with the western, 1800s style that is so dear to my heart, and I can wear it with every blouse I own, which is wonderful!!
The plaid shirt is the Stillwater Supply Co. brand. My mother and I purchased them on sale at Bi-mart.  These are very nice western shirts!

This is a one-piece style dress I made earlier on in my sewing hobby, and while it is definitely not perfect, I like it! I might wear it as a jumper instead of a sort-of sleeveless dress. I might improve a few things on it before I take it to camp - we'll see!

On the last day of camp, we're having class performances. I plan to wear my blue circle dress on that day for something a little more dressy!


We mustn't forget the cowboy hat!

And there you have it, my wardrobe planning for 2023 fiddle camp.
 I'm so happy to get to wear homemade clothes much of the time. The world of sewing unlocks beautiful possibilities!

Have a great mid-July, everyone!

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey

4 comments:

  1. beautiful outfits. what is fiddle camp. I have never heard of it. I'm from Australia and Im sure we don't have fiddle camp. I hope you have a wonderful time. Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiddle camp is amazing! It is usually set up at a school location for about a week in the summer. I get four days of quality instruction on how to play the fiddle for a small cost. They also provide instruction for other instruments. It's a neat experience!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the dressy blue one! Fiddle camp sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue dress especially! What bright and cheerful fabric. I hope you have a wonderful time at fiddle camp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Free-Hand Nightgown

 Hello Readers, I made a nightgown recently that I thought I'd share with you. It is a very simply, but comfy design that is easily made...