Monday, January 15, 2024

What Do I Do With My Scraps? Make This, Of Course!

Hello all,
I discovered a fun sewing project recently. It consumes scraps and turns them into useful items for yourself or great gifts for others! 
Enter the Zipper Pouch. 
I made a few of these for Christmas and let me tell you, it was good practice working with zippers, which are a sore spot for me ;) 

These pouches are a relatively fast sewing project that you can accomplish without taking too much upon yourself.
If you are a very detail-observant reader of this blog, you might recognize this dark blue fabric from my 1830's dress. 

This one was made with fabric pieces and lace given to me by a friend. I like the look of a bead string attached to the zipper pull.

You can develop or practice quilting/patchwork skills in a small project like this.

I monogrammed the back of this one...can you spot the letter?



Well, that's all for today...Enjoy your January!

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey


2 comments:

  1. How did I miss this! It is a great way to practice, and at the same time produce lovely, and useful personalised gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...