Monday, January 8, 2024

It's A New Year!

 Welcome 2024! 

Here's a look back at the dressmaking I did in 2023, and some sewing ideas for 2024.

My mother and I made matching denim skirts. This is the most useful thing I sewed all year. Every girl needs a jeans skirt!

We also made matching jumpers together.

This was a circle skirt that was made out of a tablecloth. 

A simple circle dress with a sash I had in my collection.

a tiered and yoked springtime dress

I made this dress, except for the ruffle that my grandmother added, and wore it to watch a fiddle contest. It pairs well with Western attire.

I dislike this dress. The skirt was gored, which was fun, but some things up top didn't work out. Perhaps I will renovate it in 2024.

This dress was made by altering a pattern. 
You'll recognize my Christmas dress if you've been reading the blog recently! 

Plans for 2024
I was informed by my mother that 2024 is the Year of the Blouse, and during the holiday I was given blouse patterns and a Hobby Lobby gift card. So with all the hints, I think this year's sewing will include some tops! I also have a goal to finish my hexagon quilt. We shall see how that goes.
Here's the first blouse I'm making.
This dress is inspiring. Notice the sleeve detail!
I also got this blouse pattern for Christmas. 
I would like to recreate something like the first dress in this post.

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey




2 comments:

  1. What an impressive array of beautiful dresses! I think that my favourite, for a young lady to wear, would be the tiered springtime dress. Though for myself, I would choose the navy dress as I prefer dark colours usually. You are a very talented young lady!

    Laura Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...