Monday, January 22, 2024

Crafty Projects

 Hello all,

I've made some crafty projects in the past few months that I thought I'd show you; some of them sewing-related, and some not!

I used a pattern to embroider classic cars on T-shirts for Christmas for my younger brothers. 
The older one got a '67 Mustang and the younger one got a '57 Bel Air. 
I did not realize how long it takes to embroider images like these! But I got them done in time for Christmas, which is what matters :)
A note to those who might try this: I had difficulty seeing the embroidery pattern after I had ironed it onto the dark grey shirt, because the color of ink and the shirt were so similar! Our patterns, at least, applied more vividly to a lighter colored shirt. I would recommend using a light-colored shirt if you're not confident in your free-hand embroidery skills!

I've been doing quite a bit of water-coloring recently. 


Not all of my family thinks that the blue-and-white humps in the background have a striking resemblance to mountains. I hope you can tell what they are...

I painted this picture using an old Country magazine picture for reference.


This is a birthday cake I love to make every year. It uses about every form of chocolate you could crave, I suppose. It all starts with three layers of moist chocolate cake. Between the layers is a rich dark fudge frosting. Covering all of this is a smooth Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream. A crown of homemade cakey brownies is placed on top and drizzled with glaze. It's homemade...with organic ingredients...so it's good for you, right? Haha.


I made a book for a Christmas gift - an edited version of the public-domain The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Perhaps in future days I will be able to bind my signatures more closely together.



Do you recognize the fabric covering the book? I used the same combo on my Christmas dress.
to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey


4 comments:

  1. Your crafts are so pretty. I bet your brothers liked their shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, they're wearing them, so I assume they like them ;)

      Delete
  2. Now, that is a very good idea for making use of pretty fabric leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's always fun to use coordinating fabrics.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...