Monday, July 31, 2023

The Results of our Shopping Spree

 Hello all,

I'm back again with some of the dresses that you saw in the last post. These are the two we brought home. I altered one of them to make it modest. The other dress was already modest when we found it - a rare thing in a modern clothing store!


~The beautiful sleeve~

I inserted some lace into the V-neck of this dress to make it modest. It is now lightweight, becoming, and perfect for summer. Can you see a similarity in the eyelet lace pattern and the fabric paisley print? The lace was picked out to go with the dress by total coincidence!

This is the other dress I brought home. It was perfect the way it was - so feminine and charming! It is the perfect dress to wear in a field of Queen Anne's Lace in the country.


Hopefully you have enjoyed the last two posts on choosing storebought dresses. The first post was written by a guest author, Mrs. Humphrey from The Pleasant Times. If you didn't see it, please go check it out and leave her a nice comment!

To God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey

4 comments:

  1. Howdy! Awesome blog!! :D
    Is there a place to subscribe? Or am I just not seeing it? lol
    Are you a Andi Carter fan? I found your blog over there on fan's blogs!
    Sara Miller (saramiller@cheerful.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! There is a place to subscribe but I'm not sure it works. If you have Feedly, you can add my blog and it works there :)
      I usually post every week, around Monday/Tuesday.
      I am a fan of Andi Carter! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hello Miss Humphrey, I am new here coming from Home Living's blog. I just adore this blue and white dress. Great job! I bet it's more lovely in person then the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I love the blue dress too :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...