Tuesday, May 9, 2023

How About Some Beach?

 Hello all, 

I apologize for this post being late!

I decided to show you my beach dress this time. I made it free-hand last year, and I like the end result.

Makes me want to do some beach dresses in different colors!
I'd also like to experiment with a different collar design.
The collar is separate from the dress. It is attached by a hook-and-eye in the front of the bodice. I like that I can take it off when I want to wash the dress.
I also like that the collar covers my zipper closure.

In case you are curious about the sleeves
 
What have you been creating recently?
 
to God be the glory,
 Miss Humphrey
 


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Makes me think of Jane Austin!

    I'm not creating a lot these days, but I'm excited because after over a decade of slowly renovating and remodeling our 100-year-old house, I'm finally going to get a little sewing room! It's mostly a cosmetic facelift for the space, but I'll have a place to organize everything and work on projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is wonderful! I am excited for you :)

      Delete
  2. I love this dress. The color and style are perfect for a summer day. It is too bad you don't make patterns for us to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I have thought of making patterns before, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. Maybe once I master my own sewing difficulties I will feel confident enough to make patterns;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...