Monday, May 1, 2023

The Easiest Circle Skirt I've Ever Made....

 Hello all,

Happy May! I thought I'd show you a neat project I did recently. How would you like to see a skirt made out of a tablecloth??

My neighbor bought the tablecloth and gave it to me along with the idea to make it into a skirt. 


I cut a hole in the middle of the tablecloth, and a straight line down to the hem to make a seam; that way I could insert an invisible zipper. My favorite part of a tablecloth circle skirt is the fact that it is pre-hemmed!
There was not enough material left for a waistband...but similar fabric was to be found in my mother's stash. I did a narrow waistband, inserted the zipper, and I was DONE!


With a belt

Isn't this cheery fabric?




Hopefully you enjoyed this post...keep checking back! 
Thanks so much for visiting the blog...I really appreciate your views and comments.

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey

















8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Would love to see one. Is it possible if u did a tutorial on how you cut the hole in the middle for the waist and how large? Thanks!🪡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful skirt. I have always loved to see, and wear roses, especially pink or red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the color combinations in the fabric are interesting!

      Delete
  4. how beautiful. The waistband fabric looks very similar. It looks very smart with the jacket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Free-Hand Nightgown

 Hello Readers, I made a nightgown recently that I thought I'd share with you. It is a very simply, but comfy design that is easily made...