Monday, May 15, 2023

An exciting end to my project...

 Hello all,

I have another circle dress to show you! If you remember, I showed a sneak peak of the fabric in this post, and I finally got around to sewing it up recently. 

It was a project I worked on for awhile, and I would say it's definitely success from a failure...this free-hand/homemade pattern dress was NOT working out for awhile! A change in design and some prayers later I am really happy with it :) 


I used the sash and sailor's collar in this photo from this dress.
The bodice is lined.
I do apologize for the finger-printed mirror;) 


My grandma says that ruffles are my signature. Maybe they are! I love a good bit of eyelet lace!

This is another no-zipper dress. Unlike the earlier version of this dress that I was working on, it is very comfortable and easy to get on!


The 2/3 circle skirt was cut too big for this particular bodice, but a few carefully placed pleats worked well to fix that problem. Free-hand sewing can be very frustrating...and very rewarding!
I did a simple puffed sleeve, gathered at the bottom by elastic.

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey











2 comments:

  1. This dress is so beautiful! I'm here from Lydia Sherman's page. Janine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea

 Hello readers, I want to thank you for continuing to visit my blog, even though my posting has become sporadic at times. I really appreciat...