Monday, May 29, 2023

Dress Renovation! Plus a Sweet Fabric Find

 Hello all,

Thank you so very much for stopping by the blog today! 

I have discovered a fun way to use my creative sewing energy. I have begun to rescue clothing items I've sewn that were uncomfortable or dissatisfying in some way, and give them a second life. 

My first renovation project was this pink dress. I probably made it 1-2 years ago, and it needed some help. The idea of hydrangea fabric paired with eyelet deserved a second try! 


What was wrong with the dress:

The collar was crooked. 

The waistband was crooked.

The sleeves weren't crooked, but I didn't care for them.

What I changed on the dress:

I replaced the collar with a simple facing. Another time I might attempt a sewn-in collar. I had better success with a detachable collar, like the sailor collar in my beach dress post.

I re-did the waistband. I unpicked it and re-used the material to upgrade it.

I replaced the sleeves with fun, eyelet cap sleeves. 

I replaced the ties in the back with a strip of elastic.

I apologize for the poor quality for a few of my photos!


The back

After doing this dress renovation, I think I'll keep going with some of the other dresses in my shelf. There are a lot of them waiting for me :)

Before I end this post, I wanted to show you some new fabric I found at Joanns...I intend to turn it into a cute summertime garment!


Isn't that a gorgeous print?

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Spring!

Hello all! I made my first Summer dress earlier this month, when the warm weather was getting into my bones. Not quite practical for the sun...