Thank you so very much for stopping by the blog today!
I have discovered a fun way to use my creative sewing energy. I have begun to rescue clothing items I've sewn that were uncomfortable or dissatisfying in some way, and give them a second life.
My first renovation project was this pink dress. I probably made it 1-2 years ago, and it needed some help. The idea of hydrangea fabric paired with eyelet deserved a second try!
What was wrong with the dress:
The collar was crooked.
The waistband was crooked.
The sleeves weren't crooked, but I didn't care for them.
What I changed on the dress:
I replaced the collar with a simple facing. Another time I might attempt a sewn-in collar. I had better success with a detachable collar, like the sailor collar in my beach dress post.
I re-did the waistband. I unpicked it and re-used the material to upgrade it.
I replaced the sleeves with fun, eyelet cap sleeves.
I replaced the ties in the back with a strip of elastic.