Monday, February 27, 2023

1800's Inspired Springtime Dress

I just realized that Springtime is in about a month! I look forward to warmer temperatures and some greenery around these parts. In the mean time, Winter is giving us another bout of storms. We can see them pass from one side of our view to the other, and it is really quite beautiful! 

Storm watching!

But back to springtime:


I think I made this dress sometime last year. The scalloped ruffle on the skirt was my "special element" that I wanted to try out. It reminds me of 1800's fashion. 




What are you looking forward to in spring?

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress! I love that fabric too, that scalloped ruffle must have been a challenge?

    I'm a new subber and thought I would stop and say hello! : )

    Blessings to you and thank you for sharing!
    ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! It was challenging, but the end result was fun :)

      Delete
  2. The dress looks cheerful and pretty. I love the ruffled skirt. Your sewing is inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Free-Hand Nightgown

 Hello Readers, I made a nightgown recently that I thought I'd share with you. It is a very simply, but comfy design that is easily made...