Monday, February 20, 2023

The Pink Continues...


Hello all!
Here's another pink dress for you today! 


There's a sad reason why I put that shawl on this particular dress. 
It has very noticeable ink stains. Mysterious ink stains, since they are on more than one of my dresses and I do not recall dripping ink on my clothing. Perhaps they were washed with a pen! Stain treatment has not been successful. I have thought about making a large white collar that covers the most problematic stains. As you can see, I have not got around to doing that...



The sleeves are small, but puffed at the top by gathers...and puffed at the bottom by elastic.


I tried a different style of darts in the bodice. 

The separate sash is made of the same cotton print as the dress. Even though the zipper down the back was not a success, I left it the way it was, and wouldn't you know it - the sash and dress folds in the back hide the part that went awry. The dress is perfectly wearable! Sometimes it's okay to not stress over elements of a garment you're making for yourself. Enjoy the process of making your own clothes! Your clothes do not have to be perfect, as long as you are happy with them. You will get better at sewing with practice! 


to God be the glory,

Miss Humphrey






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Prairie Tea pt 2: The Report

 Hello all, Well, we did it. the 2nd annual Scripture Tea for the ladies at my congregation has happened! The first time we did this tea , I...