Tuesday, July 23, 2024

In Other News...

Hello All,

My mother and I went to the Sisters Quilt Show in Mid July. There were some gorgeous quilts there, and we walked in the beating sun or the baking shade and looked at the amazing work of these quilters for hours that morning. I, for one, would be willing to sign Mother's petition to move the event to early May instead of mid July, but still it was an inspiring event and made me want to quilt when I was home lying on the couch recovering.


                                         on my bucket list to make!!!

In other news, Fiddle Camp is upon us, and I'm choosing my "wardrobe" for the 4-day event. By the time this post is published I will be at camp already, but here's my ideas right now!

 Wardrobe sounds like such a fancy word, but really I just needed to pack clothes that would be comfortable in the heat and it doesn't hurt if they're pretty, too :)


Day 1: Blue & White Paisley dress
light and airy
We found this dress at Ross last year and with a slight modification it was perfectly wearable.
 
 
 
comfortable and stylish

 
Day 3: Blue Prairie Embroidered Dress
made of a thin chambray or other light fabric. Vying for being worn during the camp performance instead of the dress below.
We found this dress at Ross, and let me tell you, it was a find. SO pretty!!
Note: The dress does not reach the floor when I wear it. My dress form was just on a "short" setting! 

Day 4: White Eyelet dress
light and airy, with a fun shawl collar. Formal enough for an end-of-camp performance.
We found this dress at Ross last year. Is it just me or do we find a lot of fun dresses at Ross!?!

Have a beautiful Late July...

to God be the glory,

Miss Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

In Other News...

Hello All, My mother and I went to the Sisters Quilt Show in Mid July. There were some gorgeous quilts there, and we walked in the beating ...