Monday, April 17, 2023

Crafty Projects and Party Favor Ideas

 Hello all,

I usually post clothing-related items on this blog, but I am in the midst of a very busy Monday and I thought I'd just show you some other crafty things I've been doing.

I'm preparing to host a tea party at Church this Saturday, and I am working on some of the non-food items currently...like décor and party favors!

My mother and I went to Joanns and picked out some pastel broadcloth for table runners. I am working on sewing those up.




My mother got these cute gift bag kits from Stampin' Up! recently...they're perfect to hold party favors!

I have yet to string ribbon through the holes in the top, but that is the plan.



We decorated clothespins using stickers from Dollar Tree,
and adhered strong magnets to the backs of the clothespins. Perfect fridge magnet clips!

The gift bags will be filled with two chocolates, a clothespin, and some notecards. 



(the backs)


*********************************************


I found some finger-kitting yarn on clearance at Joanns. I had to snatch it up...it's in one of my favorite colors!!


My oh-so-soft scarf.

Our neighbor taught us how to make hexagons with fabric (English paper piecing). I'd like to make a quilt with these!


They are made by gathering a fabric hexagon around a smaller paper hexagon. The stiff, glossy paper from junk mail advertisements works well for this. Then you hand-sew over your gathers to secure them. You take the papers out once you're ready to use your hexagons in a project. Starching them first before you take the papers out is a good idea.

(the back)

Aren't those colors beautiful!?

to God be the glory,
Miss Humphrey

















7 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I bet your decorations will look great once finished. I wish you luck on getting everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ideas, those clips are so pretty! Anyone would love receiving those! : )

    What is finger knitting? Do you knit without needles? I love the way that looks, and I love that color too. Perhaps when you have time you could blog on finger knitting. I would love to see that!

    I've made some little cool cotton skirt sets on my blog, please feel free to come and take a look! : )

    Have a sweet day! Be encouraged, ~Amelia at My Forest Cathedral blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Finger knitting...well, I am pretty new to the concept myself! The yarn is pre-looped, and you just pull one row of loops through the loops below them to create a knitted pattern. That is one way of doing it, and there are other ways, of course. You don't have to use needles. Perhaps I will do a post on it sometime!
      Nice job on your skirt sets! Have a nice day :)
      -Miss Humphrey

      Delete
  3. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yes, one day when you have time you will have to show us all how to finger-knit! I don't know how to knit and barely can crochet. This may even be a fun project for older children?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! It's very simple. I think that even younger children could do it.
      Yes, I tried to learn how to knit some years ago, but I didn't have success with it. Crochet is more up my alley :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please keep comments sweet and on-topic. Comments are moderated.

Free-Hand Nightgown

 Hello Readers, I made a nightgown recently that I thought I'd share with you. It is a very simply, but comfy design that is easily made...